1. FIELD LENGTH: A. 50 total yards (40 yards with a 10 yard end zone).
2. STARTING EACH GAME: A. Coin flip will determine possession of the ball in pool play starting on the +40 yard line with a choice of hash mark. B. Each pool play game will last 10 minutes, running time. C. Last minute will be high school dead clock rule.
3. MOVING THE BALL: A. Offense always starts on +40 yard line with a choice of hash mark after any change of possession. Offenses can ask officials to place the ball on either hash or in between after every play. B. Offense has three downs to gain a first down. First down markers will be at the +25 and +10 yard lines. C. Once inside the +10 yard line, the offense has three downs to score a touchdown. D. For the conversion after a touchdown, the offense can choose to go for 1 or 2 points. A 1 point conversion is from the +5 yard line, and a 2 point conversion is from the +10 yard line. The offense may have a choice of hash mark for ball placement. E. QB is not eligible to run with the football beyond the line of scrimmage. F. Defensive players cannot cross the line of scrimmage. G. Offense can use any formation to move the ball with 1 quarterback and 5 eligible receivers. Offensive players can not be lined up within 3 yards of the snap counter (tackle box) on the line of scrimmage.
4. SPECIAL RULES: A. No blocking. B. Blocking will result in the ball being returned to the spot of the foul. C. Ball carrier is legally down when touched below the neck with one hand. A defender cannot leave his feet to make a tag. Runner will still be able to run if defender's feet are off the ground. D. Fumbles (including snap) are dead balls at the spot with the last team in control retaining possession at the spot. E. The offensive team is responsible for retrieving and returning the ball to the official. The QB is responsible for the QB Tee. The clock does not stop and any delay by the offense in retrieving and returning the ball to the official will result in a delay of game and a loss of down. G. Defensive pass interference or defensive holding will result in an automatic 1st down and the ball will advance to the next 1st down field marker. If defensive pass interference or holding is committed within the 10 yard line, the ball will advance to the 5 yard line with an automatic 1st down. H. Offensive pass interference will result in a return to the previous spot plus a loss of down. I. Quarterback is allowed 3.5 seconds to throw the ball. J. An interception will count for 3 points for the defense. K. Offensive player cannot dive to advance the ball.
5. FINAL MINUTE A. High School clock rules. B. There will be no ties.
6. TIE BREAKER QBs will Rock paper scissor for selection of offense or defense. Offensive team gets one shot from the 7 yard line. Team wins or loses on that attempt.
7. POINT VALUES A. Offensive touchdown = 6 points B. Extra point from +5 yard line = 1 point C. Extra point from the +10 yard line = 2 points C. Defensive interception = 3 points.
8. CODE OF CONDUCT Players, spectators and parents are to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates good sportsmanship and respect to other players, coaches, officials and spectators. Nextlevelz reserves the absolute right to eject any player, coach, spectator and parent from the tournament for failure to abide by its code of conduct.
Pool Play Points
Within pool play, standing points are awarded for each game based on win versus loss and regulation versus time breaker. There are no ties - see TIE BREAKER rules. Points are awarded as follows:
3 points for a win in regulation
2 points for a win via tiebreaker
1 point for a loss via tiebreaker
0 points for a loss in regulation
Pool Play Rank
Rankings within a pool of teams are based on a team's total pool play points awarded as a result of pool play games.
Seeds for Bracket Play
Seeds for tournament-style bracket play are based on rankings within pools - with the higher ranking teams from pools
benefitting from favorable bracket seeding. In the event of a tie in rankings, the tie is broken based on head-to-head
play between the tied teams.